Bay Area Resource Center Health Services Plan
GOAL 1: Provide Comprehensive Health Services
- Establish Health Care Clinic On-Site Invite provides and local professionals to collaborate to construct, outfit and operate the facility.
- Provide Dental Clinic On-Site Invite provides and local professionals to collaborate to construct, outfit and operate the facility.
- Identify Health Care Needs of Participants Identify urgent care needs during Triage so that participants receive immediate assistance.
- Provide Short-Term Access to Health Services Provide primary care to participants so that they are stabilized, pain and disease free.
- Provide Prescription Medications Collaborate with pharmacies so that all participants requiring medication receive it in a timely manner.
- Provide Short-term Detox/Substance Abuse Treatment Invite service provider to collaborate to stabilize participants. Include “recovery coaches” to support transition from treatment into other Resource Center programs
- Provide Respite Units Have “sick bay” away from general population with up to separate units for 5 persons
- Provide Permanent Housing for Persons with Disabilities or who are Medically Fragile Increase the number of units of supportive housing for persons with permanent disabilities or medical issues with up to 5 units available
- Implement a Mobile Medical Services Van Program-Locate fragile and ill homeless persons. Transport to Center. Prevent the need for and expense of ambulance service.
GOAL 2: Coordinate with Extended Medical Services
- Establish procedures to transition participants to hospital or hospice Participants needing advanced care will receive it. Participants will have use of their benefits. Advanced care needs are identified and participants are placed appropriately.
- Coordinate with national programs receive technical assistance and resources available at national level from USDHHS, the 100,000 Homes program & others.